So it is not surprising that I love this look in placemats.
I had worked up a Table Runner two weeks ago called “River Stones” and had some sewn fabric section left from this Table runner.
The pattern indicating it would be for a Runner and a pillow. Beautiful, but I really did not need another pillow in my home.
So you can see I added some more strips to the already sewn pieces and divided the length into two sections that now are the perfect size for two placemats. If I would make this pattern for placemats only, I would make the two section ONE!
…but for now I am ok as is as sections where sewn already and I had only very little fabric left.
Really love this look, very modern and fun.
And as You can see I have added my next project on the knitting needles too…SOCKS!
I am working them with new needles…more in my next post…..see you soon again :-)
Found this “River Stones” pattern at Creative Festival about two years ago.
Valerie Miller has gorgeous patterns for Table runners. In this particular pattern, she even has enough fabric that you piece together for the runner, that is left to make the pillow too. So fabric amount is for runner and pillow.
Okay I know mine is not exactly like she indicated to do this pattern. But that is me….always making projects my own…
Followed all instructions correctly to the point to where it tells you to lay outsides together and sew then together then flip it so outside is now facing out. Now you supposed to quilt it…okay my next one will be like that.
My changes for this one where: I sandwiched all section together just like one does for a quilt and then quilted each section with a fun different pattern. Then sewed the binding on.
All the quilting I worked on my own with free motion designs I found on the net or tips from my co-workers. My Janome MC6500 machine is perfect for this and I love this free designing the most as I can be creative and have fun. Always learning new ways to quilt….
Most of this fabric I had in my stash from about 2-3 years ago when I sewed the Log Cabin quilt. My Stash is getting used up…now I am going to finish the rest but I think instead of a pillow I’ll make some placemates….See you soon for that post…
Have a look at one of my earlier posts another great teacher. I would recommend either one of their classes for sure.
Yes I was working my shift but I had to see all the wonderful samples the students/customers where working on from time to time too. Smiles, just part of me interacting with the customers too…I believe this is my role in good customer service too.
So I picked up the some tips on how to make something like this RUG too. But since I was not in the class my sample may not be exactly as Al instructed it …but I am happy with the way it turned out. Though I wish it would rag more like the rag quilts do.
Really fun, though the cutting out of all the fabric was a bit “ahhhh” do I have to through all this fabric out to get to the 1st, 2nd, 3rd layer etc….I guess it will go in a bag for stuffing.
For the back I used this black soft and heavy Sued Minky fabric we have at the moment at The Quilt Store Sooo soft and cuddly great for any winter!
I free motion quilted this Queen Size 90″x 91″on the HQ Fusion at the store too … It is amazing what all the longarm machines can do when you program the patterns into them and have IT do the quilting. However, I myself like to work it in free motion so it is truly all done by my hands….well just not “hand sewn” I know ….smiles enjoy ahh and as for the binding. That is my absolute favourite last thing on the Quilt …Really like sewing binding on…just like my grandmother was sewing the napkins for soooo many, many decades.
And if you really like this queen size quilt and like to buy it from me….just send me a note!
Finally I decided to piece this Log Cabin quilt together. I have had this fabric for over two years in my stash….sounds familiar to You? The pattern is called “Fields of Furrows” All together 36 blocks in 10 hours …huwww. Done.
Then sewing it all into one big Queen size piece by piece. Smiles, it would not go without a hickup….I had it all placed correct and still was able to sew one strip wrong so the howl section looked off. Undo my stitching and back together the right way…in no time.
Now just have to get the batting backing and I have lots of fabric left so may even do something fun for the backing with all that extra fabric instead of buying more fabric. then the Quilting…..chat soon again. Have a great week
All the fabric I used and still have leftovers
Cut and sew
My blocks look like this
My choice in the lay out
way tooooo many
another option ….and it goes on and one
another perfect option….
Entlich entschloss ich mich, diese Blockhauskabine Quilt zusammenzusetzen. Hatte den Stoff schon bals zwei Jahre in meinem Kasten, doch dass kennt Ihr sicher auch…. Das Muster heißt “Fields of Furrows”. Ganze 36 Blöcke in 10 Stunden … huwww. Erledigt.
Dann nähte ich alle in einem großen Queen-Size-Stück für Stück. Lächelt, es geht ja nicht ohne ein hickup …. Ich hatte alle korrekt platziert und doch kam es dazu dass ich tatsächlich immer noch einen Streifen falsch zusammen nähte. So hiess es auftrennen und wieder richtig zusammen Nähen … in kürzester Zeit.
Jetzt muss ich nur die Batting kaufen. Für die Rückseite da binn ich noch nicht sicher da ich noch viel Stoff vor habe. Vielleicht mach ich damit noch die Rückseite.. mal sehen es muss ja nicht sein das ih noch mehr Stoff kaufe dazu. Dann die Quilting ….. bald wieder chatten. Wünsche Euch allen eine großartige Woche…